Changelog for v1-20-eks-1¶
This changelog highlights the changes for v1-20-eks-1.
All described changes are compared to the version of EKS-D 1.19 (v1.19-4) that was most recently released at the time of this version's initial release and may not reflect differences between to future releases of EKS-D 1.19 and v1.20-1.
Upgraded Kubernetes to v1.20.4
- coredns 1.8.0 —> 1.8.3
- etcd 3.4.14 —> 3.4.15
- metrics-server 0.4.0 —> 0.4.3
Upgraded base image (Amazon Linux 2) version to include the latest security fixes.
The following patches were in EKS-D v1.19-4 but were removed in the version.
- Merged in upstream Kubernetes PR #91785
- For additional information, see the API Changes section of the Kubernetes 1.20 changelog or the quoted portion here: > Kube-controller-manager: volume plugins can be restricted from contacting local and loopback addresses by setting --volume-host-allow-local-loopback=false, or from contacting specific CIDR ranges by setting --volume-host-cidr-denylist (for example, --volume-host-cidr-denylist=127.0.0.1/28,feed::/16)
- Functionality no longer must be provided here
- Merged in upstream Kubernetes PR #92839
- Merged in upstream Kubernetes PR #91513
Patch Name and Order Changes¶
For patches that were carried over from the previous release, there were some minor changes in the patch order (and thus the start of each impacted patch's filename). These differences are functionally immaterial and do not impact the use or application of the patches.